Wednesday, 9 May 2012


Keeping it sweet

As soon as someone says ‘desert’ most of us instantly think of a food we generally consider to be “unhealthy”.  Don’t be fooled- it is very possible to create a low-calorie delicious treat, minus the guilt factor!

My favourite way of increasing the nutritional value of a desert is by incorporating my favourite food in the world... FRUIT! Simply chop some banana and strawberries, melt some Cadbury milk chocolate and there you have it! You have a simple, delightful desert.
This is what I made for desert tonight...



Here are some other tips on how to increase the nutritional value of foods and decrease the kilojoules:

-         Substitute white sugar with brown sugar

-         Use fruit pieces in muffins instead of chocolate chips

-         Choose low-fat/skim milk over full-cream milk when making smoothies

It would be wondeful to hear some of your ideas...
:) Brier

2 comments:

  1. I prefer to eat wat I want to eat, then do some sport to take it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool!!! that is a good idea i think!!

    ReplyDelete