Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Watching your waistline?

One of my closest friends is a body builder. During his cutting season where he trains hard and eats clean in order to be fit to compete, he told me his diet becomes extremely boring, repetitive and tasteless. So, as a dutiful friend I decided to look up low calorie, tasty treats that he could indulge on once a week.
 I stumbled across an image on http://www.ubersimplicity.com of a frozen chocolate and kiwi ice-block. This got me onto the idea of freezing fresh fruit in the form of an iceblock.














I experimented with different fruits such as kiwis, strawberries, peaches and blueberries.
I chopped fruit up into small pieces and place in ice-block moulds. To fill the mould I used water or fresh fruit juice and allow freezing for 2-3 hours. 























This is a fresh, funky snack and an extremely healthy alternative to dairy, sugar and fat filled ice-cream or ice-block treats. It won’t leave you feeling guilty or heavy after!
It was a hit with the body building team -they can’t get enough of them!
Try it yourself, or share some of your healthy sweet alternatives with us!

:) Brier

No comments:

Post a Comment