Easy as pie!
(or not...)
As winter approaches I have had strong cravings for a warm slice
of apple pie. Usually I am lazy and head down to my local bakery and purchase one.
However for the sake of the blog I chose to make my own over the weekend!
I’m sure you’ve gathered from my last post that I am LAZY when
it comes to cooking! So I did cheat in a way... I’ll be honest- I purchased
frozen pastry shell for the pie. Nonetheless, here is my recipe for the pie
filling:
Peel and core 8 apples and slice east apple into 8 pieces. When apples are exposed to oxygen they brown. In order to prevent and discolouration of the fruit, toss them in lemon juice immediately after they are cut.
Place 45g unsalted butter and 110g caster sugar in a frypan over
medium heat. Remember: Sugar burns easily so ensure you stir these ingredients
constantly. When butter has melted,
add apples and cinnamon, then stir to coat. Stir until apples have softened and
set aside to cool.
Once the filling has cooled,
pour into the frozen pastry shell. Place in an oven of 180 degrees heat and
allow the pie to cook for 45 minutes. The pastry should have turned a golden
brown colour.
Eat the pie warm and
contrast this warms with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to serve.
I am still to master the making of the pastry! I have tried it
once before but it was not as easy as it appears! Any tips or advice for pastry
making would be much appreciated!
Yi :)
Un- -It is not that easy, right? But still ty for sharing
ReplyDeletetry to do it, I think it was easy to make
ReplyDelete