Saturday, 5 May 2012


Looks may be deceiving...



This is my Grandmother’s cook book. Although it appears to be a scruffy old folder, to me it is like a bible for cooking. I am constantly refering to it and enjoy experimenting with some of her old recipes.(Perhaps I should buy her a new ne for mother's day!)
Inside here you will find a collection of recipes for deserts such as cakes, slices, muffins, cupcakes and beverages.
I think it's really important to keep a cook book at home to store recipes that can be passed down from generation to generation, to friends and to refer to yourself.
Think of it as a way of tracking progress - Take photos and compare how challenging the recipes and methods are!
Just some food for thought, pardon the terrible pun!

:) Brier





2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like a magic book, full of recipe and memory~ hope that I have one from my grandma too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...maybe you can ask your grandma for one

    ReplyDelete