Tuesday, 1 May 2012


Tiramisu Tutorial!


Hi guys,

This afternoon I will be sharing with you the recipe for my favourite dessert Tiramisu!

Tiramisu is an Italian, layered liqueur cake.

What you will need:

l  2 cups strong black coffee

l  1/2 cup marsala (see note)

l  3 eggs, separated

l  1/3 cup caster sugar

l  250g mascarpone

l  300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped

l  1 large packet of sponge fingers (savoiardi)

l  cocoa, for dusting

How to make the cake:

1. Pour coffee and marsala into a tray. Reserve.

2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add muska and cream, stir gently so ingredients combine.

3. Beat egg white with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form in a medium bowl. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold mashka into the mixture of eggwhites.

4. Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 19cm square ceramic dish. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.


This cake if commonly enjoyed with coffee or tea.

Tiramisu is the thing I don't want to miss it!

Mendl

2 comments:

  1. I love Tiramisu~but pizzahut's Tiramisu is terrible,don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, I hate pizzahut's Tiramisu, so I found this recipe to make it by myself. Hope it also useful for you:)

      Delete